Friday, October 24, 2008

Great Exercises In Internet NBA-Related Postings: 10.24.08: The Calm Before The Storm Edition

  • Fish doubts Jub-Jub. Cuban's got a good point. I'm trying to figure out why everyone has completely forgotten about Jason Terry. Jub-Jub will show you, Fish! Jub-Jub will show you!
  • You know what I'd say about a team that won more than 55 games a year for three years, went to the Western Conference Finals once and lost to the Western Conference Champions twice? They were off-track. You know what I'd say about at team that took a guy who couldn't get off the bench last year in Golden State and has him starting, features a 700 lb. cactus covered in turkey grease and a point guard who literally spends twenty minutes a game lying on the floor to ease the endless pain in his back? Right on track, baby!
  • "OH MY GOD! KEVIN LOVE HAD A BAD PRESEASON GAME! PANIC! PANIC, ALL OF YOU! HE CAN'T GET A SHOT OVER PEOPLE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! HE'S A BUST! A BUST, I SAY!" ... Next Night: 14 points, 10 rebounds.
  • I love mascots. I especially love mascots that kick cancer's ass and come back.
  • Here's why I was concerned with the youth movement in the Bay. Nellie, quoted in the SF Chronicle: "There are a lot of situations [young/inexperienced players] can hurt you. And we understand that. A year ago, I knew exactly what I had. I had veterans come in who attended to business. This year, we're different. We're green and growing. We've got a lot of development to do here with our younger players. I would prefer a veteran team. I'd prefer an ass-kicking veteran team." That's all well and good, but eventually you have to go young, Nellie. And I know he understands that, but he's not excited about it. To me that's a recipe for disaster. And I wonder what he's doing to the development of some players given how Brandan Wright resembles a beaten puppy more and more. Hat Tip to the must-read Eric Musselman's blog.
  • Daryl Morey is smarter than you.
  • As if my misery over Ahearn wasn't enough, the Blazers killed my dream of the first Hillbilly NBA player. I've just about had it with the wasteful approach of NBA teams. Shavlik Randolph got his spot. Really, Pritchard? Really?
  • NBA Facial (Hair).
  • Kirk Hinrich is the fall guy. No one remember when he was arguably the best player on a playoff team two years ago? No? No one? Okay, just checking.
  • Well, whaddya know? BJD was right. Good work there, Team Blog America! Now, I've used the Barnes thing as a mechanism for bashing the Suns, but I don't really believe it. Barnes was one of my favorites on the UNSTOPPABLE team. He's got great motor (I know, I know, there's just no better way to describe it. "He tries really hard all the time."?) He's got some versatility and he understands his role, whatever it is at the time. So I
  • Pondering the Braided Dragon.
  • Dream Shake goes ahead and says the excuse they'll be using is not an excuse. With Dream Shake's trademark ridiculous optimism, natch.
  • Season ticket packages make me drool.
  • Nightmare fuel.
  • What the hell is going on with all the staph infections?
  • "Oh....My Gawd! How DARE you insinuate that there's a way to beat the Celtics. There is no way to beat the Celtics! None!" (Note: Does not apply to the Wizards or Bobcats or Hawks or Cavs or). Look, they're the champs, and they have to be first on the "beat the man to be the man" list. But they're fallible. Jesus, you sound like Jazz fans.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites