Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Easy To Forget, Because We Weren't There

I originally planned on posting a picture of someone else for the Countdown today. I happened upon the dangers quote and immediately thought of New Orleans. But I didn't really give it much thought. It didn't stick in my mind the way it should have.

It does now.

Take a few minutes and read this piece from Hornets Hype that talks about the Hornets, and what they mean to New Orleans, and taps a little bit into the city that I have a love/hate relationship with, but don't really know. It's the best thing I've read this week, and it's important that we take the time to remember, because that city has not forgotten, nor will it ever, most likely.

Read it, and ask yourself, did you really think New Orleans would survive? Did you really think that the Hornets would not only still be there now, but would be selling out arenas and thriving?

Ask yourself those questions, and if you're anything like me, you'll bow your head in shame and respect.

Add to Technorati Favorites