Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Quick Thoughts

  • I've been traveling since Friday, which is why no updates. Didn't even have time to drop a note that I'm gone. I'm out in North Carolina visiting the Corndogg, basically having too much beer and screaming about DeAndre Jordan. Flight back to Austin is later today, so regular posting resumes tomorrow.
  • Manu Ginobili is "bery, bery good" at basketball.
  • I like Damon Jones as a SportsCenter analyst.
  • Chauncey Billups looks D-U-N.
  • That Garnett jam made me jump out of my skin. It was terrifying.
  • Corn and I figure that Lamar Odom shot about .130 from inside the paint, under the basket last night. The Spurs did a terrific job of forcing him away from the basket on every drive. Conversely, Sasha Vujacic kept up on Ginobili's left, but Ginobili went to his step back three. The Lakers need to be fine with that. If Ginobili's going to beat you, that's the way you need to let him do it.
  • We like Boston, predictably. I said the Pistons and Celtics would both go 1-1 at home, and they have. Then it's a three game series, and I like he home team to prevail in all three.
  • Game 4 for Lakers-Spurs is going to be huge. The Lakers won't go away like the Hornets did in Game 4 in San Antonio. San Antonio may win, but this one won't be a blowout.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites