It's hard to keep track of everything you need to know about all the teams in the playoffs. So we thought we'd do a quick and dirty playoff preview with our favorite bloggers. We asked a simple 20 Question survey to bloggers from all of the playoff teams, and got responses back from most of them. We continue our previews with the Utah (should not be called the) Jazz. Filling us in on the musical stylings of Booze and Deron-Run-Run is Mitch from My Utah Jazz. Enjoy.
1. Team Name:Utah Jazz
2. Biggest Star:Deron Williams
6. Most important player:Deron Williams
9. Grade your defense going into the playoffs:C- when I started filling this out 6 games ago, I would give them a solid A- over the last 6 games.
10. Worst player: Jason "Shart" Hart
11. Glue guy: yawn....Deron Williams. He is the team leader, the voice of the team, the face of the team, the glue of the team. He is the team.
time, is our time.
13. Best-case scenario: Western Conference Champions
14. Worst case scenario: First round exit
15. First player that comes to mind, "Thunder": Carlos Boozer...he is
the human defintion of the word "Thunder"
16. First player that comes to mind, "Twinkie": CJ Miles. He is our official handshake creator extraordinaire. Plus, who else in the NBA laughs like a 12 year old when he dunks?
18. Team you don't want to see in the next two months: Lakers orSpurs...eeeek
19. Team you want to see in the next two months: Houston, New Orleans,
20. What food best describes this team?: Almond Joy and Mounds. Some times they feel like playing, some times they don't.
The Jazz have no right being the dark horse. They come into the playoffswith the (3 or 4) spot despite one of the worst months by any NBA team this year in December. They had a record of 5-11 in December. Imagine if they had gone .500 during the month. This team would be a #1 seed and THE team to beat in the Western Conference Playoffs. This is a team who was known for being a slow paced, wear you down style of offense. In the last 15 games they have had a pace of 122 pts per 100 possessions. Show me another team in the past 20 years who have done that. There can't be more than 3 teams in history to do that. Go ahead. Look it up.
This time, is our time. Jazz fever is everywhere. Catch some.