Before we get started, slight format change. Based on some suggestions, I've set the links to open in a new tab or window. If you don't like this, drop us an email or a comment and let us know. But with so many on there, I wanted readers to be able to go and come back more easily.
- Thornton is getting his Count of Monte Cristo on.
- Kobe is to the MVP, as Martin Scorsese is to the Oscar. Also, a great rundown of all things MVPish and Bean.
- Big A-Doings for the Magic and their uniforms. Stop by 3QC and check out the coverage.
- I do love simplicity.
- Over/Under jokes at NBA games are the new bomb jokes at the airport.
- Credit where credit is due: David Friedman is very much aware the Lakers ain't lookin' pretty right now.
- A terrific showcase of both why Peja's defense is limited but not atrocious and why Byron Scott deserves Coach of the Year. I agree with that vote. Coaches often times get too much credit for being blessed with tremendous individual defenders. But team-oriented defense can be a lot more effective when used to its fullest potential.
- Yup, the NBA is totally dead. The NCAA rules. Yup. Not even close.
- Hey, at least someone on the Celtics' squad appreciates the D-League. The dude actually in it, that needs it.
- Classy move by Nellie not to call Pietrus out for not playing through injury.
- A great post about Paul Pierce's footing at the free throw line.
- Uh-oh. Wages of Wins decided it wanted a piece of the vaunted "THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT! U DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL! YOU SUCK! LAKERS 4 LIFE!" commenter demographic.
- This is the transaction line equivalent of the water shaking in Jurassic Park.
- On My Own...pretending Beasley's besiiiiide me...
- Corn and I are always talking about training staffs and the impact they have. The Association reaches the same conclusion we do, which is the Lakers' sucks.
- I find this fascinating on so many levels, not the least of which is judging Dinosty's reaction.
- That will do it for Mr. Telfair this season.
- Raef's cool, here, but thanks for asking.
- Ankle-Busting 101.
- A site dedicated to bringing a D-League (D-LEAGUE!) team to Porltand, Maine AWESOME.
- Bibby ain't the answer.
- Bright Side of the Sun with a solid review of the MVP candidates.
- Finding meaning in meaningless times.
- Winderman thinks Ahearn's a goner. I hope not, but I think he'll be back.
- No fanbase reacts more harshly to losses than Utah's. I'm certain of this.
- Read the last quote from this article. That is just not good. Ever.
- Nellie and D on the Kidd-Harris trade. After watching Kidd yesterday, I'll say it. Even with as small as they both are, I like Harris more as a defender, right now. Not in two years, not in three years. Now.
- Waiting For Next Year says opponents, in order to beat the Cavs need to run, and run, and run. Also, I'm just going to get this out of the way. Boobie's not going to be even 85% the rest of the year.
- Three Shades has had it up to here with Pau running his Spanish mouth.
- Great description of where the Rockets are at: treading water.
- Five Tool Tool needs a new target.
- This Just In: Shaq still sucks at the line.
- Oh, there you are, Lamar!
- Brian McCormick looks at Memphis' options. This seems like an easy question, but if they land the #2 pick, and Miami takes Beasley? Can you really pass up Rose without trading the pick?
- Congratulations to Indiana Pacer and Mizzou Alum Kareem Rush.
- GM watch in Milwaukee.
- I couldn't get my brain around why the Jazz recalled Fessenko and Almond so late in the season. Don't get me wrong, Almond's going to be a freaking star if he ever gets playing time, though he may need to go somewhere that doesn't have Deron Williams to do it. But it just didn't make sense to me to pull them out at this juncture. So I sent an email to the fine gentlemen at the Salt Lake City Tribune and here's what they got back to me with: "Almond and Fesenko were called up because Utah was down to nine
players in the second half against the Clippers on Saturday. Brewer
and Okur were out with a stomach virus and Kirilenko strained his
calf. Brewer is playing today but Okur did not make the trip to
Minnesita and Kirilenko is watching. Fesenko and Almond were brought
up strictly to make sure the Jazz did not run out of players this
week (four games in six nights)."
- The Jazz are big on Ferraris.
- Cassell might coach next year. Here's a hint. He'd be better than Doc.
- What do you know? Something positive came out of the Gasol trade for Memphis!
- LeBron is cool with his millions and millions and millions of dollars, thanks.
- I heart message boards.
- There's talk of firing Sam Vincent, even though he missed Sean May and Adam Morrison this year. That's crap.
- By the way, this is the best D-League reporter in the country.
- El Tigre Monstruoso is out of his damn fool mind.
- Kobe Bryant was not robbed, says Respect Kobe, of all people.
- Stern says no playoff changes. Also, he's upset with the questions he's getting. Again.