Hope everyone's weekend was pleasant, what with the Memphis-Tennessee game and all. And that amazing game between the Pistons and Suns. Wait, did I say game? I meant, abject slaughter. That's a much better term.
RIP Fun Suns. Thanks, Kerr. More later on that. But for now? The links.
Before we get started, I thought I'd clear up the intent of this little collection, since several people have been kind enough to make note of it. In Google Reader, I've got 115 NBA Blogs, and I add an average of about two a week. (Side note: Someone tell Windhorst to get a friggin' RSS feed, por favor.) On top of that, I subscribe to the Topix NBA search feed, which dumps in everything Topix finds relevant to the NBA. So I process a ton of stuff. I've long held that the quality of writing for the NBA is absolutely stellar. This isn't meant to be a best of. Nor is it a comprehensive view. I tend to leave out highly popular posts or stuff you should know already. I'm not going to drop you to an AP article on a game, or a Marc Stein interview. This list assumes you're reading those regardless. I also try and reference anywhere I get the link from, and hope for the same. Fanhouse, TrueHoop, and Yahoo! give the best links. Consider this more of a sampler buffet to start your day. Take what sounds good, leave the rest.
Okay, enough wanking. On with the links.
- Wages of Wins has discovered a young man named Carl Landry, and thinks he's pretty.
- Waiting For Next Year is a little bit giddy over Game 1 of the post-trade era.
- We're just sayin'.
- The always classic, Posting and Toasting: "T.J. Ford got hot for 15 points in the fourth quarter and talked an unbelievable amount of shit. I really like Ford as a player but come on. You're T.J. Ford."
- RIP: Reggie Theus for Coach of the Year. By the way, when Doc Rivers wins this thing? We're going to have to bathe in lye to get the feeling off.
- Little note to Magic players without long term contracts. If you packed before the trade deadline, don't bother putting away the good china.
- We were clearly in the wrong part of New Orleans. Or we passed Dolan without noticing. One of the other. Probably both.
- Str8Hoops has our feelings, kind of.
- The Dream Shake plays the Rodney Dangerfield card. Hint: Guys, the moment people start paying attention to you? You're going to fold like a flan in a cupboard. You should be praying no one notices Yao Ming till he's picking up Finals MVP honors.
- JVG <3s>.
- Paul and West versus Boozer and Williams. Oh, good. More stuff for Utah bloggers to get pissed about.
- Winderman takes a huge dump on the D-League. Yeah, because playing with Ricky Davis is going to teach Cook teamwork and leadership. Take a look at what the Spurs have done with the D-League, sir. Cook gains nothing playing with the trash on the Heat right now. A developmental stretch does nothing but good for him.
- I read the title of this article and just assumed it was talking about the Pacers.
- The trade loophole has a bunch of folks' panties in a bunch.
- You really should never say "Man, I wish we could have pulled off a deal for that mediocre shooting guard on that team that's holding a firesale." That's a bad sign, Pat.
- Ego, ergo Ego.
- Be vewy, vewy qwiet. The NBA is hunting Vegas. With the D-League.
- Fanhouse with today's moment o' the obvious.
- And then wins best headline of the weekend.
- And the Oscar goes to... Boom Dizzle? Maybe soon...
- With Malice is happy in his pants about the Lakers.
- Jon Barry is a human jungle gym!
- Great breakdown of Nash's slow slide toward the open arms of death.
- You should read this from Pick Axe and Roll. You will laugh. Unless you root for Denver. Then do not click for fear of spontaneous vomiting. Ah, Schadenfreude.
- Sweet mother of God, Nellie's ready to play Wright.
- *Update: The Bratworst takes a different number based approach to winners and losers in the trade market.
- Why, God? Why? (Via Awful Announcing)
- An explanation of the "J.R. face."